Last updated on 1st March 2019
1 General provisions and contact details
Until 24 May 2018 the processing of personal data is governed by Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on the Protection of Personal Data and on the amendment to certain laws (“APPD”). From 25 May 2018 the processing of personal data will be governed by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR Regulation”).
2 Basic information
Controller name: WALMARK, a.s.
Controller’s registered address: Oldřichovice 44, 739 61 Třinec
ID No.: 00536016
Company registered in the Commercial Register lodged with the Regional Court in Ostrava under File Ref. B 2501
tel.: [+420 800 141 141]
Contact details of WALMARK representative:
name: WALMARK HQ
registered address: Kavčí Hory Office Park, Na Hřebenech II 1718/8, 140 00 Praha 4
tel.: +420 234 709 800
GDPR specialist contact details:
name: Dagmar Přibylová
address: Kavčí Hory Office Park, Na Hřebenech II 1718/8, 140 00 Praha 4
3 Updates and availability of Policy
WALMARK is entitled to change this Policy. Information on when this Policy was last updated can be found at the top of this Policy. Changes to this Policy become effective the moment the updated version is published on the website. If you use our website after an update, you will be considered to have consented to the updated version of the Policy.
4 Information provided by the customer
Certain parts of websites may require customers to state their own personal data to gain the benefits offered by certain services (e.g. registration for the WALMARK Loyalty Programme or processing orders) or to participate in a specific activity (e.g. consumer competitions).
WALMARK is entitled to link information provided with other information, obtained either on the website or by other means, including e.g. previous orders placed by the customer.
5 Passive collection and use of information
When browsing our website certain information may be collected passively via various techniques and tools, e.g. IP addresses, cookies, and collection (i.e. without customers actually actively providing any information).
Detailed information about cookies and other tracking technologies used on our website can be found in Information about cookie files. This Information about cookie files describes how cookie files and tracking technologies can be blocked. If you do not block cookie files or other tracking technologies, you are considered to have consented to their use.
6 Links to external websites
This Policy does not cover the protection of personal data, the provision of information and other procedures followed by external partners for which WALMARK is in no way liable, including external partners operating websites or areas of the web (including applications) which may be accessed via those websites, or which are linked by those websites. Accessibility or any link on our website to such third-party websites does not imply WALMARK’s consent to such sites.
7 Scope and purpose of processing personal data
In certain cases, WALMARK may obtain information about customers either directly from the customer, or from other lawful sources. Certain information obtained by WALMARK in this way may be classified as “personal data” in accordance with Section 4(a) of the APPD and point 1 of Article 4 of the GDPR Regulation.
Information about any unidentified or identifiable person may be used and disclosed for any purpose. If information not relating to unidentified or identifiable persons can be linked to information relating to unidentified or identifiable persons (e.g. you name can be linked to your geographic position), WALMARK will store that combined information as personal data, if that information is mutually related (e.g. recommending the best means of delivering goods to your address recommending the same or a similar product from goods on special offer).
If a customer provides WALMARK with the relevant personal data, that customer does so in accordance with the relevant legislation.
The scope and purpose of the processing of personal data, the duration and persons authorised to acquire access to personal data are stated in the following table.
8 Your rights in connection with the processing of personal data
- The customer has the right to access to personal data. The data controller provides the customer with a free copy of personal data that is processed, together with other related information. The data controller has the right to charge a reasonable fee for all other copies requested by the customer.
- By exercising their right to correction, the customer also has the right to request that incomplete personal data be supplemented.
- If the customer exercises the right to delete personal data, the personal data controller is obliged to delete the relevant personal data, unless the data controller processes and stores specific data in order to comply with its obligations under the law.
- The customer has the right to request that the personal data controller restrict the processing of their data.
- Regarding the right to portability of data the customer has the right to receive personal data from the personal data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and has the right to transfer that data to a different personal data controller. If technically feasible, the customer has the right to have their personal data transferred directly by one data controller to another.
- In the case of automated decision-making and profiling based solely on automated processing (including profiling) the customer has the right to be excluded from such activity.
- Each customer has the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority (Office for Personal Data Protection), if the customer assumes that their personal data is processed in a manner which violates the legislation governing the protection of personal data. The contact details of the Office for Personal Data Protection are:
- Each customer has the right to effective judicial protection if the customer assumes that their personal data has been processed in a manner violating the legislation governing the protection of personal data, and also has the right to claim damage compensation in court.
9 Your right to file an objection
A customer has the right to file an objection against the processing of their personal data at any time (for reasons relating to the customer’s specific situation).
In order to exercise this right, you may contact us via any of the above WALMARK contact details.